These coca cola chicken wings taste wow. They have this bbq-like coating of sauce on them and the dried red chillies give them this spicy taste. I don’t know about you guys, but I can eat like 10-15 of those! I hope you all enjoy this homemade chicken wings recipe!
8 (about 320grams)mid joint chicken wings
200 ml regular Coca-Cola (not diet or flavoured Coke)
200 ml water
3 cloves garlic, sliced
4 slices ginger
3 dried red chilies & 1 star anise
1 tbsp cooking wine
1 tsp light soy sauce
1. Wash the chicken wings and boil them. When the water boil, get the chicken wings out of the pot and drain them well.
2. Heat non-stick pan. Add 2 tbsps oil and when hot, add the chicken wings. Fry on both sides until golden brown.
3. Remove the chicken wings and keep.
4. In the same pan over medium heat, add the dried red chilies (break each into half), star anise,garlic and ginger. Lightly fry until fragrant.
5. Add the chicken wings.And then add the light soy sauce, coca-cola and cooking wine. Bring the mixture to a boil.
6. Lower the heat and simmer for 10-15 minutes until the sauce is reduced to a thick & sticky syrup, turning once halfway.
7.Transfer to a plate and enjoy your coca cola chicken wings.
1. Making small cuts in the chicken after washing enables the sauce to “enter” the meat, making it more tasty.
2. Don’t use Diet Coke. The more sugar in your coca-cola, the better it is!
3. Regularly check the chicken wings when cooking because once the liquid has reduced, they can easily get burnt.
The related industrial machines you may interested in: Home use spice grinding machine, Pressure fried chicken oven