The saltiness from the soy sauce and slight sweetness from honey blends very well together in the oven and the marinade turns into a golden glaze. I always struggle taking good pictures of chicken drumettes, and this time is no exception. I hope you still give this recipe a try and make it your go-to recipe when you are busy. I promise they are tastier than they look. Enjoy!
Cook time: 30 minutes
Prepare time: 20minutes
Yield: 4 servings
For the glaze:
1/4 cup Honey
1/4 cup vegetable or peanut oil
1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
1/4 cup soy sauce
1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
For the chicken:
12 Chicken Drumsticks
lemon wedges for serving
1. Preheat oven to 475 degrees. Line a shallow roasting pan or 9-by-13-inch baking dish with aluminum foil.
2. To make the marinade/glaze, whisk together the honey, oil, lemon juice, soy sauce, garlic and red pepper flakes.
3. In a baking dish ( resealable bag or container ), marinate the chicken in the glaze for 30 minutes.
4. Bake the marinated chicken drumsticks until the skin is crispy and juices run clear about 25-30 minutes. Be careful not to burn the the chicken, the honey will char easily.
5. Serve chicken with a squeeze of lemon.
1. Lining the pan with aluminum foil eases after-dinner clean-up.
2. The chicken can be replaced with fish or even vegetables, such as eggplant depending on your preferences.
3. Make Ahead: The marinade/glaze can be made up to one week ahead of time and kept, tightly covered,
in the refrigerator.
Food machines you may intersted in: Pressure Chicken Fryer, Meat Smoke Oven.