This is not the most labor saving way of cooking potatoes, to be sure, but one of the most seductive. Creamy au gratin potatoes will be your most forgettable cooked dish.
Prepare 30 mins, cook 1 hours and 30mins
4 russet potatoes
1 onion3 tbsp butter
3 tbsp all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp salt2 cup milk
1 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Slice the potatoes into 1/4 inch slices, peel the onion into rings.
3. In a medium-size saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Mix in the flour and salt, and stir constantly with a whisk for one minute. Stir in milk. Cook until mixture has thickened. Stir in cheese all at once, and continue stirring until melted, about 30 to 60 seconds.
4. Mix the cheese mixture with potato slices and onion rings together.
5. Pour them into the prepared casserole dish and cover the dish with aluminum foil.
6. Bake 1 1/2 hours in the preheated oven.
1. Spray the foil with a bit of cooking spray before putting it on the dish to keep the potatoes and cheese from sticking it.
2. In order to keep the potatoes to be golden brown, you can remove the foil for the last 15-20 minutes of cooking time.
Related vegetable machines:
Automatic onion root cutting machine,
Automatic planetary mixer